Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt....

The spring like weather we're having in Boston is having in inference on the music I rock to while at the gym and I'm loving it! I tend to listen to the same "jams" while working out, I guess I fear change and get stuck on the same playlist day after day.

But yesterday and today were very different.

While walking home last evening (which took me 23 minutes, normally it's about a half-hour!!) I listened to my boy Jimmy Buffett (I will have to blog about how much love I have for this sailor) and at one point found myself with "fins up". Nothing is better than an iPod full of Buffett and listening to it over and over. Makes you feel pretty good about yourself and life! How on earth could anyone be anything but giddy listening to (personal fave) Volcano!

This morning on my commute I could not stop listening to O.A.R. When ever I hear them it makes me miss all of the fun outdoor shows I've attended!

Another good one would be Radiohead (Ok Computer)! Last Fall Music Guy and I saw them at the Bank of America Pavilion, first time for me billionth time for him. It was so sick, the weather was out of this world, perfect sunset over the harbor with the skyline in back. It was an unforgettable show from start to finish and not just because it was on a Monday...oy!

I could go on and on with the old standbys (The Samples) but I feel i've been there done that!

Any spring and summer tunes that get you all pumped up?!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Samples - I LOVE them, I'm always amazed that other people know who they are too since they're really not that mainstream. My absolute favorite song is "Who am I" but I also love love love "Tan Mule" although thats like the hardest album to find. A friend of mine is a huge fan (how I got into them) and they played at his bachelor party - in his parents back yard. He's like buddies with Sean Kelly. They seem like really awesome guys.

Britt said...

I love O.A.R, the remind me of outdoor parties and an all around good time. I love Bob Marley in the summertime (I know, original right?) but it just makes me want to throw on my bathing suit, grab a beer & go to the beach!

J said...

I was just listening to O.A.R. last night...such a flashback to college!

SLC said...

There is DEFINITELY something about listening to Jimmy Buffett that puts a smile on your face and a kick in your step and makes you totally ready for summer. ... along with just about anything reggae.

Libby said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHICKA! Hope you have a wonderful day! xo Lib

jillskict said...

Happy Birthday! Of course you should have a spring in your step!

Whenever I hear the Beatles Oh-Bla-Di-Oh-Blah-Da it makes me smile!

MC said...

Happy Birthday!

I love Jack Johnson for the summer, he has a great beachy sound. Also, Ray La Montagne and James Taylor.

Meg said...

Happy birthday, lady!

bonjourdetroit said...

Happy birthday! "Fins" came on on my Ipod at the gym yesterday and it made me smile. For the summer, I love the Dead, Phish and the whole genre of country.

KK said...

I LOVE Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley during the summer! It reminds me of being at my parents house at the beach.

Happy Birthday!!!

Hannah Lane said...

funny I was listening to The Samples the other day on my Ipod. I also got my Buffett tickets in the mail the other day!!! Sept 8th @ Foxboro. I am so excited!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kimba!

Allie_in_Ga said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!