Friday, March 23, 2007

Workings for the birds...

And so I am a bird. Which makes me think, what type of bird would i be? Seagull does that count? Of course I need to tell you what type of Seagull I would be, I think the get a bad wrap.

A) They annoy the bloody hell out of people who are attempting to eat on the beach (or some damn kid feeds it, nothing ticks me off more)

B) Or the other kind that are in mall parking lots, i remember as a youth my mom and I would laugh at the dumb Seagull that would be flying around Madison in JANUARY...

I would be hanging out in Nantucket on Nobadeer Beach or better yet Great Point. And when it gets a bit brisk for this warm chicken errr...Seagull I would head to...Um..I'm not sure, maybe you guys can help me out on a good place for me to "winter"?/!

Now that I got that out of the way...
*the real post*

Last night we had a WONDERFUL dinner at the Tavern on the Water in the Navy Yard in Charlestown. A evening out with that crew is always delightful. We had the best appetizers (calamari my fave and some cream cheese crab wong tong, good thing i worked out like a mad-Kimba this week) and the dinner was to die for! I had Crab Asparagus Haddock it was crusted haddock and the asparagus was also crusted. Bit too much "crust" for my liking but it was so good. I love that place! I can't wait until it warms up and we can rock cocktails on the deck as the sun goes down over my city!

Weekend details...

Tonight I am staying in to watch Miss USA (my brothers girlfriend is Miss WI) and to make quesadillas. I promised Music Guy the reason why I wanted to make them WASN'T because it was something to smother sour cream on wink wink!!!

And tomorrow we have house guest. Our friends are in town from NYC, my fave necklace designer KEP and the one and only TSK (he doesn't have a link he's just great) will be staying at Rancho de Kimba. The reason they are in town will come on Monday, you'll see why I'm not saying anything!

Which means I will be CLEANING tonight and tomorrow, I'm a freak about having people over and cleaning. I kind of wish we would have hired help, who am I kidding!

Sunday will be a "normal" Sunday (i think...) Then it's back for the last week of my birthday month :(!

Have a great weekend and let me know where this Seagull should winter!

OH my mom is coming out for Easter!!! She can finally see our wedding site!!!

11 comments:

Allie_in_Ga said...

I can't believe you know KEP! I have loved her stuff for years!

IrishEyes said...

One of the private beaches in Palm Beach. No one uses them in the "winter" . . .not even the owners! So you and music gull could have the beach to yourself to grill out and party with your "gullfriends" and guyfriends. :-)

Melissa C Morris said...

I also am a cleaning before company fanatic, like borderline compulsive -- very glad to hear I am not the only one!

hqm said...

I like to clean and redecorate before company...which thrills my husband!
My girls and I laugh at the "lost" seagulls all the time...my four year old like to yell "fly east, fly east"...h.

Cloggsy said...

Woo Woo, my girl using british speak!!! Yes, seagulls annoy the BLOODY HELL out of me too!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the necklaces from KEP Designs but you can't buy them from the website which is sort of a pain if there is no store in your area.

Kimba said...

A, where do you live? If you live in the Boston area you can visit In the Pink on Newbury St. They started selling them last Fall. Super super cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Fun, I love KEP Designs! In the Pink online is selling them...yippppeeeee!

Hannah Lane said...

The seagulls in central Mass in the parking logs always intrigued me. They are nowhere near the beach? And why don't they fly there? AND if you took them from Central Mass and transported them to the beach, would they try to return to the homeland of the Burger King parking lot?

Anonymous said...

How about wintering in Key West - all the bright colored houses? I think Kimba-the-Bird might like the scenary and all the Hemingway look alikes would be entertaining.

Sarah M said...

I love KEP!! Her necklaces are the best!

I'm a super compulsive cleaner and also redecorator before we have guests especially if they have never been over before.

Also - Miss WI is too cute. I caught part of it Friday night.