Monday, March 12, 2007

One smokin' Maid of Honor

A weekend recap is forthcoming!

I wanted to quick jump on and show you the dress I'm planning on wearing for the Engagement Party I'm attending in Wisconsin this coming weekend for my wonderful friend Liane! She is a wonderful bride to be. Her Maid of Honor is 1,500 miles away and even though I feel I haven't put all my effort into my responsibilities she is always telling me how great I'm doing and I'm just the perfect Maid of Honor! Awww! :)

That being said I found this super cute dress from Ann Taylor this weekend while I was returning a very cute and way over priced sweater to JCrew. One thing that made me really think "you do NOT need this" is when I was watching Entertainment Tonight with Lara Spencer and she was wearing it. I thought hum...this C list celebrity has the same sweater as I do, nope not happening and I forced myself to return it!

Anywho, back to the dress. I didn't try it on as I had come from the gym and thought it would be a bit wrong to put it on and get it all yucky!

For some reason I really love it. I have one similar from JCrew but that one has smaller polka dots and is a few years old so if you're going to host a party you better look good! Right?

My mom and I are going to look at wedding dress this weekend while I'm home, should be fun right? I need to do some self tanner or I'll blend into the color of the dress.

Giddy up for great weather this week!

Just like our fave Monogram Momma it is also my birthday week, I'm trying to think of a fun treat to bring into work but everything seems to annoying to haul around on the bus. Maybe Music Guy will drive me? Yeah right! Or I could be normal and just pick something up downtown when I get here, but that seems to defeat the purpose!

I'll check back in and give you the low down and recipes from the weekend!

11 comments:

IrishEyes said...

How about cheese curds for your birthday treat? They must be at some store out there. . .actually, I think whole foods has some cheese curd wannabes. Humm, maybe not the best idea. . .okay then, buy Wisconsin cheese and a box of wheat thin and/or triscot crackers. . .that way you don't have to be lugging a pan of gooey sweets on the bus and can cut the cheese and arrange your treat when you arrive. Yum! :-)

jillskict said...

How about donut holes? I hope the weather stays nice for you this weekend in WI, it is supposed to get up to 60 here today in Mpls, but by this weekend it is supposed to be cold again :( Sounds like a fun weekend to be home though, with St. Patty's day, your birthday and a party! Too fun! Okay, so when is your birthday actually so we can send good wishes?

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!

Libby said...

The dress is adorable! I think Jilly's onto something, nothing says "birthday" like Dunkin' Donuts!

Cloggsy said...

And when, Ms gorgeous K, would be your birthday?!

Greens and Pinks said...

I'm also going to hop on the DD munchkin's idea. Portable, MBTA friendly, and who doesn't love a munchkin (or 10) on a work morning?

Britt said...

Love that dress! I always love an occasion that requires a new dress.

Melissa said...

I saw that dress on the Ann Taylor website the other day and thought it was soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Why are people SO obsessed with this 2006 Diane Von Furstenberg knockoff dot dress that was on every celeb from Carmen Electra to Lauren Conrad???

MMM said...

Love the dress and the same abnoxious anonymous person wrote this about the polka dot dress that Chic picked out for me. Diane Von Fustenburg did not invent polka dots!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful dress; tres chic!