Monday, March 26, 2007

Haaaachooooo

Even though we got snow on Saturday evening my spring allergies have sprung. First thing first pop a claritin, good times!

We had a wonderful weekend. Friday was a good low key evening, watching Miss USA was kind of fun. Saturday was a surprise birthday party for a friend at the 21 Amendment in Beacon Hill it was a great party and he "said" he was surprised...Who knows! I have come to realize I dislike that place. The stone walls and dark wood make you feel as if you're in a cave and you get a bunch of drunk top of the Hill brats..."Lets go to the 21st Amendment..yeah that's cool, I love that place man". Many things are wrong with that statement but the thing that stands out is if you call it "21st Amendment"...If you know Beacon Hill and know the area you refer to it as "21A", that's it.

The whole weekend was spent running around and cleaning. I do not remember a weekend that has flown so fast. But it was eventful and we got to see some great friends which is always a major plus!

The next few post will indeed be all about weddings. That is really all I am letting myself blog about today/this week. A few weeks ago it was announced that one of the positions on our team was getting eliminated and I will be picking up her work. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I am all set for spring. I tend to wear skirts the most at work and the days of throwing on a skirt suit with heels (no nylons) is fast approaching (Lord I hope so) I need to get some more self tanner cloths. I used to fake bake with the best of them, but now that is a BIG no no in my book (and I'm sure a lot of yours) with so many great self tanners/bronzers out there, there is no excuse for going tanning. That is just plain stupid!

Any suggestions on a self tanner you've tried and are a fan of? I currently use Estée Lauder Towelettes. I think they are great, but I might need to try L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning, Towelettes, I'm sure they are pretty much the same and much less expensive. (AND it'd be a reason to go to Target!)


I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and spent way too much time looking at everything! I got some good items but realized I can not do all of my shopping there. And the people who shop there annoy the crap out of me. I mean that's all fine and great if you bring your own bags but don't hold the line up looking for the right size tote bag to fit your tofu and wine in. Just pull one out and get a moving. If you get a half a cart of groceries you really do not need to travel with 15 different sizes of tote bags, you're not about to spend the month on the Vineyard (seriously that's what the different sizes are for)! Regardless I found a really good light airy Chardo Pino blend!


That's all I have!

14 comments:

Greens and Pinks said...

I think I am insanely in love with the idea of a self tanner towlette! Do they seriously work well? I am always looking for a better, non-messy way to apply the self tanner so I just might be ALL OVER this!

Kimba said...

Well E, I love them. They are so easy to get EVERYWHERE...and they are a good size so you are able to get your whole body with use one cloth!

I'd say start with ones you can get at CVS in the event you're not a fan you didn't waste $30!

Hannah Lane said...

I agree w/ Trader Joes. Our is SO SMALL and people clog up the aisles w/ their carts. It drives me crazy- there are only certain times during the week I can go!

Hannah Lane said...

oh and about needing tan. Seriously I am so pale and J teases me all the time about just how white I am!!

Libby said...

1. I have a towellette that works really well, but I can't remember who's it is- silver wrapping, I'll check when I get home.

2. The Trader Joe's description is cracking me up because I know just they type of woman you mean. But I love me my two-buck chuck!

Sarah M said...

I use the Jergins lotion with the sunless tanner. It is not as strong (ie smelly) as some of the others and much more subtle. You apply it everyday like regular lotion and within a few days you are golden.

Love Trader Joe's and completely know what you are talking about. I have strated going at 8:30 at night beucase by then all the crazies are gone.

Kimba said...

S,

I also have used Jergins lotion, and it's not bad. I do have 10 bottles under my sink as when they first came out you couldn't find it anywhere so I thought it would be a great idea to buy 15 when Target got a shipment in!

E, i'll send you a bottle!

I like it the only issue I have is that I never "think" ahead about when I need to be tan so I need a quick fix. And I feel the towlettes do that if I shower at night use one and the next day i'm golden...no pun! haha! :)

Britt said...

Haha, you crack me up!
Get with the times Britt, though, because I have NEVER heard of the towelettes, I too have been using the lotion - but sometimes you just need a quick fix tan. I'm going to try them. And bring on the wedding posts!

RED said...

I am a huge 'fake baker' and by that term I do mean sunless tanning at it's best. I typically mix the 'soft shimmer' lotion and the regular sunless daily lotion together in the summer. I'm fair so I have to ease into the fake baking or you can see every missed spot! For a quick fix I use some instant spray that you don't have to rub in from Ulta, I'll have to check the brand, it's pricey, but I always get compliments on my 'tan' when I use it.

Melissa said...

So happy to read everyone's tanning suggestions. I think I want to try these towelettes.

Libby said...

Figures, they're actually called "TanTowel". That's appropriate, don't you think?

www.spehora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P62722&categoryId=B70

Libby said...

that's SEPhora, not SPehora :)

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried the Kiehls self tanner? Its traditional lotion kind but I find it really easy to use/doesn't streak or anything.

IrishEyes said...

Kimba, you are so funny. I love your descriptions, you totally crack me up. . .and made my day! Thank you for being YOU! :-)