Monday, July 30, 2007

Jeep Jeep

Ladies I would like you to meet the soon to be additional to our family. 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in Rescue Green Metallic. We test drove one on the Cape and that was all it took. In a few months we'll trade in our cars and get the Jeep. I know you are all about your BMW's and Volvo's but we've come to find out we're a Jeep family.

Can you imagine how sweet this is going to look in 20 years on the beach on Nantucket. We will be "those" people!
I think Kimba, Music Guy along with A & B of fave couple will enjoy having the top down and doors off!

We had a fab-o weekend on the Cape, weather was iffy but we ended up making the most of Saturday on the beach where my cell phone some how also took a dip, but it's still working! Sunday we went out on the boat and I actually went into the "real" ocean no beach no inlet. Open ocean. It's crazy how you can get thrown around and the waves really get you, it was only 8 feet but hey, when you're 5'8'' there is no touching the bottom. So then what do we watch before bed last night.... Discovery Channels Shark Week "Ocean of Fear - Worst Shark Attack Ever", USS Indianapolis. And we had a few cocktails with dinner so everything was a tab more dramatic!
Got up at 5am to head back to the city this morning, in the POURING rain, well worth it!

18 comments:

Libby said...

Ohmigod! I love the jeep!! Congratulations. :)

MC said...

I had a Jeep Cherokee for 6 years and I miss it everyday. I planned to drive it until it died, but then my dad killed it by rear ending someone.
Hope your new Jeep is awesome!

Suz said...

I hope you get it b/f I visit so you can drive me around :)

Umm, obsessed with "Worst Shark Attacks Ever" and followed that up with "American Sharks" -- all the beaches in the USA where sharks live -glad to know I'm at risk of a Great White attack!

TCP said...

Love it. The very first car I ever bought myself was a Jeep Cherokee...I loved that thing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the Jeep!

I watched the "Ocean of Fear" last night, too. I totally get into all of the Shark Week shows.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

My friends have this in navy and LOVE IT! I've had Jeep automobiles in the past and have loved every one of them. So exciting.

RED said...

love love love the new jeep wranglers. loved the old, love the new. especially the four door option - bad ass. and even more awesome in 20 years. you drive stick shift? I kind of think it's required to get a jeep manual transmission- that may or may not be all in my head though. Congrats and good luck!

bonjourdetroit said...

I'm totally driving my Grand Cherokee from HS, which I hate to admit was awhile back. Old boy has 170k and is still in great shape for driving around town and shorter drives - we rent or drive BF's jetta if going more than 300 mi. They are they best!

hqm said...

Jealous!!!! I had to give up my Wrangler when Baby #1 came along!
We plan on getting one for the girls when they are old enough to drive...another 8 years or so! Totally worth the wait!

Krista said...

Not a BMW fan either. The Jeep, however, I LOVE and the color is perfect!

Beth said...

Great ride...you're right it will be PERFECT on Nantucket...especially when it ages a little! Thanks for your post by the way:)

Sisters with Style said...

Great car--my dad is a Jeep person as well, and he loves them.

Unknown said...

Love the jeep. My husband had an old red cherokee when we met and we had to have a good bye ceremony when he sold it!

Sarah said...

We're a Jeep family too. My husband had a Cherokee for years and then got a new Grand Cherokee about a year ago. I love that car. I've always said I'd get the Volvo SUV for my next car, but I think that we may end up with matching Jeeps. They are really good cars.

Sarah M said...

I love that Jeep. My fiance and I were just saying that is going to be our next car. He comes from a jeep family and still has his from college. Great cars.

IrishEyes said...

love the jeep! good choice!

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

You are going to Love love this car! Seriously-
my husband is car obsessed and knows so much about all cars- Loves all things well made, classic and not flash- he says this Jeep is one of the best made and best looking vehics.

We have old LR vehicles but I need a new car soon and we are looking into the Jeep big time and yes it will last forever and please tell me how you love it when you get it- What color?? Congrats have fun.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new addition, it's fabulous! I can just picture it rolling down Coatue with the cooler in the back!