Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Maid of Honor and Midgets

I can't post the dress pictures from home as I do not know how to delete them from the desktop and I do not want Music Guy seeing them. Not that he really would look at them but you know how it goes! I'll post them right away!

Before I went dress shopping I stopped into Liane's work as I could not pass through town without seeing my Maid of Honor! Is she not just the cutiest!



I posted this picture for Libby, yep those are little dogs on my skirt!


Now it's off to the races!!! Our long time family friend Chad DeSelle has been racing for most of his life! Here is a picture of myself, Chad, his father Mark and one of their pit crew guys (and good friend of ours) Dave. When you go to the races to cheer Chad on you cannot wear green or eat peanuts, that's just how it goes!


Just hanging out in the pits with Chad's wife Katie, his sister Adrianne and his cousin Jamie. The only one missing in this picture is Adrianne's twin sister Rene! Rene and I have some great stories, she's a few years older than I am so she would call into school for me when I was in High School and get me out early and we'd go get our nails done or just bum around! We only told my mom about it a few years ago!


This is suppose to be a picture of my mom and Chad next to his car but I some how messed it up, i'll try to repost it!


My mom took this picture so show you really have to start the kids young! I'd say this picture speaks for it's self!


Chad is the second car in the picture, he got second place in his "heat" race. One more lap and he would have won, which would have been sooo neat to fly 1500 miles and have him get a win for me!




Kimba and moms


Just hanging out in the stands, there is Rene with her little girl Lauren


More racing pictures of Chad


As you know Midget cars can not start on their own, they need a push truck to get them going, learn something new everyday eh?


Just some more racing pictures!



Thanks for comin' along for the ride (nice pun Kimba)! We had the best time, I ran into a lot of people I went to High School with (being in my home town and no one seems to leave) one kid Johnny had the best line. We talked about what we were doing now, he just became a fire fighter (YAY!!!) and I told him what I did and he said "Wow you've come along way from smokin' butts in the back parking lot"! At my High School the "cool" kids would hang out in the back parking lot with their big trucks. Looking back...not the best idea!

Stay tuned for dress pictures!!!!!!

14 comments:

IrishEyes said...

Awesome! Learned a lot about racing too! Thanks for sharing.

Libby said...

1. I love the skirt!!

2. I would have paid a million skillion dollars to hang out at the races with you, it's looks like such awesome fun. Maybe I should consider a career as a midget-car-pusher? You know, not race, just push them to get them started, what do you think?

lisagh said...

Loving the anchor shorts, Kimba! And I see we both have the same VV belt - but if memory serves, there is some green on that belt. I hope it didn't get you in trouble!

J said...

I assume you were the preppiest person there, correct? I would expect nothing less!

RED said...

you preppy thing you! loving the pink and navy combo (especially those shorts with the anchors, too cute!)!
The races look like tons o' fun! Looks like a great weekend! Oh and you and your mom are dolls!

Suz said...

Johnny's a fireman huh? if things don't work out between me and your bro maybe I can date him?

Kimba said...

I added the fireman comment for you Suz.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

So glad you had a great time! Love the pictures!

SBCVandy aka PreppyChemist said...

Wow! You're super posty today! You may inspire me to get some recent stuff up :)

Marissa said...

The wedding dresses are all so BEAUTIFUL and you are just gorgeous! I love all the dresses, I would love to pick out another one for myself! I am so excited for you.

The races looks like fun ;)

Meg said...

I love your bermudas! Love them!

Holly Adams said...

I enjoyed reading this article which provided valuable information. Here is a little information about the article How to Activate webcam in yahoo messenger. You will find it very helpful. Most webcams can be customized to work with Yahoo Messenger. This article explains how you can activate your Yahoo Messenger webcam.

James Samuels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Samuels said...

Here, I find several interesting blogs. In addition to their informative content, I enjoy reading your blogs for their entertainment value. By using Free Mouse Auto Clicker, you do not need to click the mouse repeatedly. While it is a simple application, it is still sufficient for the majority of users. It is possible to repeatedly click on certain areas of a computer screen in many games and applications.