Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A few book choices

I enjoy reading as much as the next person, but I'm not very good at being able to sit down and read a book. I am a bit of a restless person and well reading one thing is just not my forte. But I see so many books I would love to read and never do. So here are two i just bought! Have any of you read either one of them?

I do however have NO problem reading about 50 magazines a day. Which brings me to something that ticked me off last night. I do have about 23395485 magazines at home I have yet to read, but they aren't my favs so putting them off and buying more is just fine in my eyes. So I went to CVS and thought I'll pick up "Shape" it looked like a good one and I didn't have any i really wanted to read at home so got it. I then came home to I kid you not 10 magazines falling out of our mailbox. And they were ones I'd rather read. Grrr...at least I didn't buy one that was sitting at home like one of our lovely bloggers had done before, which I have done more than once. Having two different covers for the same month is wrong...

Hope these books get here fast before i lose interest!
Rome Wasn't Burnt in a Day: The Real Deal on How Politicians, Bureaucrats, and Other Washington Barbarians Are Bankrupting America (Joe Scarborough)
Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office (Jen Lancaster)

8 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I read the book Bitter is the New Black. It is a funny read. There are spots that I felt the writer went on and on but For reading it while I was at the gyn on the eliptical or stationary bike it is a good read (funny).
I was a history/ humanistic studies major back in college and well trust me I had to read. Now a days I barely have time to do the things I like to do. I hate sitting still for too long.

Hannah Lane said...

I have a magazine problem. I get so excited when the new issues come out and I seriously can spend $20-30 at a time buying them. I have stacks and stacks, that I swear (and have kind of started to) go through and take out the articles/pictures or whatever that I like to save and throw away the rest.

It is truly a problem...

bonjourdetroit said...

Ugh. I read so much at my job, some days it is just a chore. A magazine is a great read for the gym, so don't feel bad.

I'm reading Bitter is the New Black right now and I feel the same way, just a breezy fun read.

jillskict said...

I am a big reader so I cannot say too much, except for the fact that I think that my magazines are like security blankets for me and at the moment I am going nuts because I cannot find the new Blueprint!

Britt said...

I read so much for school that I don't have time for fun reading but I save it all for the beach!I heard Bitter is the New Black is funny - let us know what you think

Monogram Momma said...

"Bitter" is the most hilarious book ever. She has a new one coming out in a few months that I am eagerly anticipating.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one with a crush on Joe. He is so handsome and such a funny guy.

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Like MM said, Bitter is HILARIOUS. I am counting the minutes until the next one comes out! I hope you like it!