Monday, February 05, 2007


Yikes, it' super cold here in the NorthEast, but not as bad as Wisconsin! My poor mother broke her finger last weekend and had to be holed up all this weekend.
She did however say she wanted to get me the vv blazer for an early birthday gift. And I think I'm going to go with the white. I just think I get get so much more use out of it. I know i really want the green one!

We had a great BUSY weekend. It was non-stop, we haven't had a weekend like this in ages!

Friday after work I had to run to JCrew to return something and then i got sidetracked at a jewelry store. I think i am going to change my setting, i know i know make up your darn mind. But i truly know what i want and i should just get it and stop thinking about it.

I got home after JCrew got ready for dinner with Music Guy's parents, sister her fiancee and their two family friends who were in town from Grosse Pointe, MI. We had a nice low key dinner at The Hill Tavern in Beacon Hill. And headed over to HG (Harvard Gardens) for a few drinks. We left fairly early as we knew we had a BIG day a head of us!

Saturday I got up and met the dinner crew for brunch at Jury's. The bar Cuff's in the hotel is a really cute chic bar and they have great food. Then it was off to Bella Santa for what I thought was going to be a wonderful Mani and Pedi, good god i was wrong. I have had better work done for a whole lot less. It cost $90 for just that of course the tip. I was so livid when i left. Music Guy's mom and sister got facials. I was going to do that but I've never had one before I did want my face to breakout or have any issues. I was SO wrong.
But anyways, I'm happy we had the time together.

That evening was their engagement party (hence family in town and spa day). Music Guy had to work so he was coming late, I got a ride with his parents so we of course had to get their early so all day I felt I just ran around. But it was fun!

Music Guy works in the music business (shocker) and the label he works for had a big up and coming star in town to promote his CD and he had a show at The Paradise Saturday night. They had an event before the show he had to be at and then left Boston drove out to Dover to the party, was there for a couple hours and then we went back so we could watch the show and they had another event after. So we didn't get home until after 12:30am and he had left at 4:00pm so it was a long day and night. I was laughing that when I woke up on Sunday. I had a big black stamp on my hand and a wrist band, yikes, it's been a few years since that's happened! The show was off the charts, I super love the singer as well as live music!

Sunday was spent getting our place clean and getting the menu all set for our Super Bowl "party"! We had a few couples over for the game and it was a blast. The food was wonderful! I'll blog about that later!

I have two loyal readers on vacation this week, so i'll have to try my best to keep everyone else entertained!


clipper829 said...

Ooh, I love Jury's! In fact, that's where I (and all our guests) stayed the weekend I got married. Which was convenient, since we got married right around the corner!

SBCVandy said...

I know what you mean about the Mani Pedi. Some of the worst I have had have been in really "nice" places. With some of the best being at a strip mall type place. You never know. Stay warm!

Libby said...

Yeowzers, what a busy weekend!

Jury's is *very* nice, my aunt and uncle have stayed there on occasion- I would love to have a reason to be a guest there!