Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday = Funday

The weekend has been wonderful! We got and decorated our tree Friday night, we had the fire going, Christmas tunes playing and the Celtics in the background. A perfect evening in my book! (If you want a good laugh you can go back to Dec. 11, 2007 post and look at our tree from last year!) Every year we say we're not going to get a huge tree and this is our third tree together and well it's the biggest yet. Maybe next year!

Saturday I was up early and out to the mall, in which i walked around aimlessly for an hour, very unproductive! I figured to make my outing worth it I would head to Trader Joe's and get the weeks shopping out of the way. I got a whole slue of different wines to try, we're hosting Christmas dinner so I loaded up. And of course I ran into someone I work with and luckily it is the holiday season and the multiple cases of wine could be justified!

Moving right along! I got home and bundled up and went out for a run, it wasn't too bad actually though when I ran along the Navy Yard the wind was pretty fierce. I continued to the Bunker Hill Monument, it is never open when I got for my runs but finally I timed it right! 294 stairs later I was finally at the top, it was absolutely beautiful and such a clear day. I had my phone with my so I got some pictures!

A view of the Boston skyline and the harbor

Anyone who lives local or visits Boston I would recommend doing this, it's a bit of a "hike" but it is very worth it when you get to the top. I also don't know how people could do it in the summer, it would be way to hot for me! I live a few blocks from there so I ran almost home and walked the last block, where I stepped wrong on the sidewalk and rolled my already bad ankle and took a big digger. I hobbled to the nearest bench and pretty much teared up it was so painful! I was so pissed, not sure if I was upset because I know I need to wear a brace on it when I workout or that we were going to a wedding in a few hours and I only had heels to wear. So I gimped home iced it and sucked it up and went with my original heeled plan!
we hopped in the cab with A & B and headed over to the Boston College Chapel for the wedding, what a beautiful Church! And the reception was at the Artists for Humanity EpiCenter in South Boston. It was a cocktail reception and so a full out dance party, we had a blast! I will upload some pictures in a separate post!
Needless to say today I am on the couch with a bag of ice and walking is not too easy. But I'm hoping tomorrow it will be on the up, because this truly sucks!

4 comments:

Nina Diane said...

no pics of the tree?

tv said...

Both my ankles have suffered so much damage in years that I feel your pain...and I'd personally be more upset with having to put on the heels. Lots of RICE - Feel better!

Libby said...

Kimba, the tree looks fabulous! And a special thank you for the gorgeous photo of Boston-- I miss it so much!

Merry Merry to you and Ry!

Kimba said...

I will make a point to post more Boston pix for you!!!