Sunday, September 13, 2009

So long Summer 2009

We wrapped up the last "official week" of summer on Nantucket! The week after Labor Day is the best week to spend on Nantucket and that is exactly what we did.


A quick shot of the new signs they've put up at all the beaches, a great idea of those who are not familiar with the Island. #19 is "Surfside".

The one and only "Turkey Terrific" from Provisions of Straight Wharf. A classic Thanksgiving sandwich and normally I save this treat for our Ferry ride home but I couldn't wait and ordered one to have on the beach, the sand crunch was free of charge. It's their #1 seller!

A full ACK recap to come this week. I'm happy to jump back into the blogging world, though most of "my" readers are on Twitter so I guess I haven't really been gone at all!
I never thought I would say this but BRING ON FALL!!! I will order myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte and love it! I have already done my tote to purse change over and was happy to do so.
OHHH and what better time to start blogging again with the new fall shows about to air! Wootwoot!

4 comments:

Suz said...

I'm personally partial to the prosciutto and herb butter from provisions but a good choice nonetheless.

Suzanne said...

Best beach ever! Spent pretty much everyday there the first two weeks of August.

Glad to know that you're a fan too!

Never tried the Turkey Terrific, but it looks yummy!

Donna said...

Great pictures! Glad you are back. Meghan got a VV corduroy mini for her birthday and loves it. The turkey terrific looks so good. Why do we wait until Thanksgiving to eat such food?

Abbie said...

That sandwich looks eerily similar to one offered here... and the owner just happens to be from Sandwich, MA. It's delish.