There are many many perks to blogging let me list a few:
1) You have established a creative outlet and can document it on line for all to see or for none to see it's yours so it's your choice!
2) You can follow and connect with people all over the world who share the same passions and loves that you do
3) If you're as lucky as I am you may actually be able to meet those people in person - and when you do if you're again like me you may have found some of your very dear "real life" friends and couldn't imagine your life without them
4) You all of a sudden seem so much more wordily then you did before you had a blog - "well my friend Libby who lives in Hong Kong just loves it there" or "you know my friend Lisagh who lives in Winnipeg has more Bananno's then any preppy gal I know" or "I hope the Mets win this game in honor of my friend Suz who lives in NYC she is a huge Mets fan" or "OMG my friend Sarah got engaged last weekend, she swore she'd never get married, but I knew she would" or "oh I'm bringing a case of wine to my Sis Erin's house in Richyville, MA to play with her two girls and her bounce house" last but not least I have a TON of friends in Atlanta, NC, SC, TX, IL, MO, PA, CA, MN, FL and all over the South and one sassy sassy gal in NJ I just can't get enough of!
5) OH and you get all kinds of great blogger/twitter discounts!!!!
Get 20% off online orders now-Saturday: Please use the code, "twitter" to get 20% off ANY order. Online only.
Currently LOVING this look, I am a sucker for the pink and pearls (shocker i know) but what really draws me in is the GOLD. I am in love with GOLD GOLD GOLD on jewelry.
Vineyard Vines 20% - code: Bloggerfa09
Of course not eligible on MLB/NFL/College gear or gift cards. Now thru 9/22/09 11:59PM
Oh and if you just happen to look at the latest Vineyard Vines Fall Catalog you may see someone you know, the Kimba wedding party!
The cation says: "The groomsmen at the Jones' wedding in Hyannis Port looks pretty beachy keen to us".
Just so you know, before I put my Nantucket patchwork VV tote away for the winter I took the plunge and sprayed it down with oxyclean and threw it in the waster and it came out perfect, it took the summer/sand/beer smell out of it...sad but needed to happen!
If those reasons don't keep you blogging I don't know what would!
Happy preppy shopping!!!