Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Meme

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate as I've never had Egg nog, maybe i'll change that this year. Next week at Starbucks i'll switch it up and check back!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them. He starts out loving the idea and quickly remembers he's not a big fan nor very good.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights on the tree candles in the windows. My mom did this when I was growing and we do it now.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. Do most people?

5. When do you put your decorations up?
If it were up to me i'd put them up right after the first turkey sandwich! But the weekend after Thanksgiving is good enough for me!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I don't think I have one. Maybe ham but that's not really a "dish".

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I have two good ones:
When I was young we'd spend a few days at my aunts 4 hours away from our house. She had a dog and I couldn't spend the night so we had to stay in a hotel (WITH A POOL!)! It got to be a tradition and we would rent out rooms and moved the party to the hotel.

On Christmas Eve my mom would let us open one present. I opened a Barbie that you could do her hair (it was like a head) and my brother opened a package of socks. My mom then let him open another one he could "play" with and I freaked out that he got to open two! Brother sister love!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Not sure. I have a feeling my brother spoiled it for me :)!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Just one...

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With random ornaments and white lights. I will post a few pictures of my favorites. This year we are starting the traditional one new ornament a year! I'm looking forward to what we find this year.

11. Snow: love it or hate it?
I don't mind show, I loathe ice. Snow is great in the early months, come March it's warn off.

12. Can you ice skate?
I can. I wouldn't say I'm Kristi Yamaguchi by any stretch but i'm not half bad!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My engagement ring last year was a pretty good gift!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with loved ones. This will be the first Christmas ever I'm not going to be with my mother. But I'll be with Music Guy's parents so don't feel too bad! :)


15.What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Not a big sweets fan. But I do love a cheese tray! Cherry pie if I have to pick a dessert.

16. What tops your tree?
A bow. We did it again this year...We're trimming the tree and think oh crap we forgot to get an angel. I really need a reminder at the end of the season to pick one up on sale. Anyone want to remind me!

17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
I LOVE shopping for people. Mainly the guys in my life, guy stuff is just more fun to pick out ot me.

18. What is your favorite Christmas song?
All I Want for Christmas Is You and the Theme song to Charlie Brown Christmas

19. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Chevy Chases National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. I kid you not, my family has worn out about two VHS tapes. We just love it!

20. What would be the best gift you could receive this year?
That's a great question I actually need to get on that. A new TV would be great!

That was fun! And I didn't actually have to think about if I was writing something I didn't want someone to see!

7 comments:

Libby said...

You've never had eggnog? You poor thing! It's best enjoyed with a little shot of brandy or rum. :)


Oh, and hey, Kimba, don't forget to pick up an angle at the end of the season.

hqm said...

Libby makes me laugh!
I CANNOT believe you are not a fan of sweets...I don't think I have ever met one before!
Love that you had a Christmas engagment, too! We had a Christmas wedding...so much fun!

Kimba said...

Thanks Lib, i think that reminder will do the trick! :)

I mean don't get me wrong I like sweets but I could go without. If there was a cookie shoved in my face i'd eat it! Christmas engagement are the best! :)

k e r r y said...

thank you so much for inviting me in! i think we both need to try egg nog this season!

Donna said...

You must watch "Love Actually." It reminds me of you!

Greens and Pinks said...

The shitter's full!

IrishEyes said...

What great, great Christmas memories! Thank you for sharing. I have never tried egg nog either. Maybe this year I will make a point to try it. Raw eggs, though, ewwwww.

Kimba, thank you for inviting me to your blog, although I don't get to check it every day, I check it as often as I can and it always makes for enjoyable, fun reading. Thanks, again!

A bow on the top of the tree works for me. :-)

Cheers!